By 30, You Should Know:Part One
So, I’m turning 30 this year and I’m very excited!! I agree with everything below…pass it along
By 30, you should know:
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself. I love me, some him!
2. How you feel about having kids. Didnt want them at first, then three years ago I changed my mind. I have baby names ready to go, BUT still not ready today.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship. Love my job, done the breakup dance, I’m awesome at it;-), you have to set boundaries, but the love is always understood.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away. Amen!
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next. DUH!
6. The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town. Hilary, Lunetta, & Orchard x Allen
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to. YEEEEEEEEEEEES, I loved every second of it. This man is trying to kill me with leaving the toilet seat up.
8. How to take control of your own birthday. Las Vegas here we come!
9. That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents. True Dat, but spinning will get your ass off of your ankles.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over. Im so blessed, my parents always did the very best.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love. Morals, Boundaries, Deeper Needs, Compromise, Forgiveness, & Unconditional L-O-V-E
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long. So true! I could name at least twelve names right now from my model’s apartment days, but they are not sexy anymore.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally. If you can’t change the people around you, then change the people around you.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault. I’m still a martyr at times, but if you want to be in my life you have to own your shit.
15. Why they say life begins at 30. To be continued!
That was fun—is it true?